Saturday, March 2, 2013

Thin Mints

Yesterday began my venture into the three months of eating only Paleo.  And my dear, sweet husband has agreed to play along at least for a month.  (He claims he only agreed to two weeks, but I heard him say a month, so a month it is!)  I've seen a lot of discrepancies between different Paleo diets, so here are the guidelines we are following:

  • No grains of any kind (that includes corn [a cereal grain] and rice)
  • No beans or legumes (including peanuts and soy)
  • No dairy (waaaaaaaaah!!!)
  • No processed sugar
  • No chemicals added to "food"
So I can eat:

  • Meat
  • Fruit
  • Vegetables
  • Seeds and Nuts (which includes Quinoa)
  • Maple Syrup and Honey
And my husband and I have agreed on a compromising:

  • Wine
  • Tea
We've got a meal plan for the first week (which I'll post later in case you're interested.  But as a farewell to our favorite foods, here's a picture of our Thin Mint milkshakes:
So minty and so chocolatey...

Goodbye, my minty, chocolatey loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment